With a handful of new additions and an expanded suite of safety systems, the latest Nissan Rogue is arguably the best of all the new 2019 Nissan models. But how does it compare with the 2018 model? Let’s run through all the changes made to the refreshed 2019 Rogue.
New Nissan Rogue Packaging
The Nissan Rogue is once again available in three trims (S, SV, and SL), with various packages offered depending on grade level. Two new packages have been added to the spec sheet for 2019, including:
- Special Edition – Rogue S models can be equipped with the new Special Edition package, which features upgraded 17-inch aluminum-alloy wheels, rear privacy glass, chrome door handles and roof bars, Quick Comfort® heated front seats, a leather steering wheel and shifter, and heated side mirrors with integrated LED blinkers. (Plus, you’ll get that swanky Special Edition badging.)
- Premium – Available on the Rogue SV models, the Premium package comes with 18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels, Nissan Door to Door Navigation with Premium Traffic and Voice Recognition, SiriusXM®, Intelligent Cruise Control, ProPILOT Assist, a heated leather steering wheel, Intelligent Around View Monitor, an electronic parking brake, and an intuitive Memory System for the driver’s seat and side mirrors. (Nissan Rogue Hybrid models can also be ordered with the Premium package.)
ProPILOT Assist Expansion
The 2018 Rogue could be upgraded with ProPILOT Assist courtesy of an SL Premium package. For 2019, however, the Rogue SL is now standard with this feature, as well as a set of flashy 19-inch wheels.
How does ProPILOT Assist work? As a semi-autonomous feature, ProPILOT Assist aims to reduce drivers’ workload by taking control of the wheel and brakes. Special forward-facing cameras and sensors monitor the flow of traffic, while an electronic control module keeps the Rogue centered in its lane and at a safe distance from the next vehicle in line. During slow traffic or when approaching a stop, this system will even engage the brakes automatically.
While that all sounds very sci-fi, we assure you it’s quite modern, practical, and safe.
More Standard Safety Features
Nissan Safety Shield 360 sees yet another expansion in the newest lineup of Rogue SUVs, which should help the model carry its IIHS Top Safety Pick status over into 2019.
Adding onto the Rogue S model’s inclusion of Blind Spot Warning, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, and RearView Monitor are the following safety systems:
- Lane Departure Warning
- High Beam Assist LED Headlights
- Automatic Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection
- Intelligent Lane Intervention
- Rear Door Alert
The 2019 Rogue SV and SL models add Rear Automatic Braking and Rear Sonar System.
Shop 2019 Nissan Rogue SUVs in Kansas City
There’s a reason why the Rogue is the best-selling Nissan vehicle. It’s packed with innovative tech, loaded with safety features and driver-assist systems, and has some top-tier style to boot. And what’s not to like about that?
If you’re in the mood to treat your family to a new SUV in Kansas City, look no further than the 2019 Nissan Rogue. Visit our Olathe Nissan dealership at 683 N Rawhide Road to browse our selection, take a test drive, and speak with a McCarthy salesperson about financing or leasing a Rogue.
Sources & Photos: